Approval: Jennifer Strus, Assistant Secretary
Effective Date: March 31, 2017
Sunset Review: March 31, 2020
This policy applies to DLR state licensing and regional licensing supervisors.
DLR supervisors meet monthly with their staff to provide practice and guidance that addresses:
- Status on pending applications, renewals, amendments, or unlicensed home study requests.
- Issues or concerns with licensed, unlicensed, or pending providers.
- Any new intakes or open provider actions.
- Review of overcapacities, no referrals, or legal actions being taken on providers.
- Timely completion of home studies and licenses.
- DLR supervisors and regional licensing supervisor’s must conduct monthly provider reviews on all pending new license applications, unlicensed home studies, and renewals with each assigned DLR worker and ensure each review includes:
- The assessment of the caregiver to become or continue to be a placement resource for children in Children’s Administration care and custody.
- The assessment of caregivers who are in the process of:
- Becoming licensed as foster parents.
- Renewing their foster care license.
- Amending their foster care license.
- Becoming approved as an unlicensed placement resource for children in Children’s Administration’s (CA) care and custody.
- Review of provider timelines to ensure home study, new license or renewal process is progressing toward completion.
- Creation of a plan if there are concerns or barriers to a timely completion of the home study or license.
- Review of any new intakes or open provider actions per 5150. Licensing Investigations policy.
- Review of the DLR worker’s FamLink ticklers.
- Identification of any further steps the applicant(s) needs to do to complete the home study or licensing process.
- Review of providers with open provider actions, no referrals, or that have pending legal actions with the assigned DLR worker.
- DLR supervisors must document each review in FamLink and include:
- Dates of unlicensed home study requests, or the receipt dates of new or renewal license applications.
- A plan of action if there are concerns or barriers to a timely completion of the home study, license, or renewal.
- Information noting the steps the DLR worker or the applicant(s) need to do to complete the home study, licensing process, or renewal.
- Regional licensing supervisor must:
- Review all new private agency or group care licenses and pending private agency or group care renewals.
- Verify completion of biannual health and safety visits as required in 5130. Regional Licensing policy.
- Review completed and scheduled Comprehensive Reviews as in 5140. Comprehensive Reviews policy.
- Document the following information for all pending applications over 90 days for new child placing agencies (CPA), group care licenses, or CPA foster homes, or renewals for CPAs, CPA foster homes, or group care facilities:
- Dates of receipt of application for the new or renewal license applications.
- A plan of action if there are concerns or barriers to a timely completion of the license or renewal.
- Information noting the steps the Regional Licensor or private agency licensor must do to complete the licensing process.