Staff designated by regional or state office procedures shall:
- Record items received, as required, in the automated inventory system, noting the item(s) location and assignee, if appropriate.
- Tag items according to requirements in the AIS Manual.
- Process the order for payment through regional or headquarters accounting staff, as applicable.
- When surplussing items, complete a Property Disposal Request, SF 267A, in accordance with the AIS Manual and submit it through the regional business office or headquarters property control to the Office of Staff Services for processing.
- Conduct biennial property inventories as required by the AIS Manual using computer print-outs from the AIS system.