The Accounts Receivable Coordinator:
- Receives the Cash Items Mail Log and the cash/negotiable items from the mail person.
- Verifies that the cash/negotiable items are shown on the Cash Items Mail Log and, after verification, dates and signs the mail log, retaining the pink copy.
- Issues a pre-numbered and sequential receipt for all cash/negotiable items requiring a receipt. If the cash/negotiable items received are for a specific purpose, they are to be referred to as a restricted donation, with a note of the restriction on the receipt issued to the donor.
- Prepares the disposition documents required for the disposal of cash and negotiable items. The disposition documents will include the bank deposit slip, the Cash Items Mail Log, and a copy of the receipt issued to the donor.
- Secures all cash and negotiable items until transferred to the Disposition Clerk along with the disposition documents.