Effective date: 10/1/2018 | Last revised: 8/7/19
Revisions: Policy Manual Revision Log
This policy applies when determining the adequate amount of notice to provide when changing an authorization for payment.
- Ten (10) days written notice is provided whenever adverse changes are made to an authorization for payment. Including, but not limited to:
- Provider changes, even if notice goes into the next month.
- Consumer being determined to be ineligible and their case terminated.
- Consumer requesting their case be closed prior to the end of their eligibility period.
- If the consumer waives ten-day notice, providers still require it.