Effective date: 11/12/2019
Revisions: Policy Manual Revision Log
This policy applies to full-time authorizations for children that require a combination of full-day units and half-day units authorized.
- School-age children eligible for full-time child care will be authorized:
- 23 Full-day units, 30 Half-day units, or a combination of Full-day and Half-day units, provided it is the equivalent of at least 30 Half-day units for children in licensed care,
A client works Wed-Sun 9am-5pm with a 30-minute travel time. Child is in school from 8am-2:30pm.
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: Care is needed 2:30-5:30 pm (3 hours each day) = 3 Half-Day Units per week
- 3HDU x 4.3 = 13 HDU + the 5 HDU for school closure/holidays = 18 HDU per month
- Saturday and Sunday: Care is needed 9am – 5pm (8 hours each day) = 2 Full-Day Units per week
- 2FDU X 4.3 weeks per month = 9 FDU per month
- The authorization to the provider would be for 18 HDU and 9 FDU
- 18 HDU + 9 FDU (9 FDU = 18 HDU) = 36 HDU so meets the FT requirement.