Are you an assistant teacher, lead teacher, or family home licensee that needs the initial certificate for your early learning role? If so, the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) would like to invite you to help shape the community-based training model by participating in a virtual pilot from May 15 through June 15.
The community-based training model will provide a training pathway for early learning providers required to have an initial or short certificate through the licensing staff qualifications requirement.
We are looking for 100 individuals who are willing to commit to completing this condensed training. This will be offered in Spanish and English, and key informants that speak Somali and English will help DCYF understand language and delivery needs.
Join Us and Participate if You Have:
- Completed Child Care Basics
- Been employed more than 90 days
- Not met your full education requirement in another way
- Willingness and availability to complete six hours of training, additional practice, and reflection during the pilot timeframe
What's in This Pilot?
- Six hours of training that will:
- Meet in-service hours
- Meet part of your education requirement
- Four hours of on-the-job embedded learning
- Opportunities to offer insights during and after the training
If you are interested, please complete this intake form by April 30. DCYF will reach out to you after confirming your eligibility. If you are not eligible to participate in this pilot, DCYF will send you an email with your available options.
The full pilot details are available here: tinyurl.com/PilotCommunication
We appreciate your time and willingness to participate. Thank you!