The Child Health and Education Tracking (CHET) process and report are designed to help caregivers and caseworkers meet the needs of children and youth as they come into care. The CHET process can identify areas of need or possible concerns that might otherwise go unnoticed.
The CHET staff work with the caregiver to make sure the child/youth receives a Well Child Exam (WCE) and is scheduled for a dental exam.
CHET staff also:
- Screen young children birth to five years for developmental concerns.
- Obtain education records for school-aged children/youth.
- Administer age-appropriate behavioral health screening tools.
- Explore needed social connections.
The results of the screenings, a summary of the WCE, dental exam or scheduled appointment date, education records and any social connection needs are summarized in the CHET report. The report includes a summary section that provides an at-a-glance lists of identified needs, referrals made and social connection needs. This report is sent to the caregiver and uploaded into FamLink. The report can be used by the caregiver as a reference for needed follow-up services or appointments.
The Apple Health Core Connections (AHCC) managed care plan for foster children can help caregivers and caseworkers follow-up on any physical or behavioral health needs identified in the CHET report. Instructions for contacting AHCC for care coordination help are found in the Follow-up Summary section of the CHET report.
The CHET report specifically instructs caregivers on how to call AHCC and ask for help. To access care coordination:
- Caregivers call 1-844-354-9876, press 1, then enter extension 6102194 when prompted.
- Caregivers ask for “Health care coordination for needs identified in the CHET.” A care coordinator can help find a provider in a specific area, check on benefits for a child/youth, assist with care coordination for complicated physical or behavioral health needs and more.
NOTE: When calling, caregivers will need to verify the child to AHCC by giving AHCC staff:
- The child’s name
- Two of the following:
- Last four (4) digits of the Social Security Number (SSN)
- ProviderOne Number – found on the insurance card
- Coordinated Care, or AHCC number
If you have a child or youth in your care that is American Indian/Alaska Native or is undocumented, they will likely receive care coordination through Fostering Well Being (FWB). Caregiver and caseworkers can call FWB’s Care Coordination Unit at 1-800-562-3022 ext. 59594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the CHET report for a child or youth in your care, please contact the caseworker or CHET screener right away to make sure we are doing our best to follow-up on needed services.