DCYF has updated its Agency Performance page with the latest available data for 2023. The page displays key indicators representing agency work across child welfare, early learning, and juvenile rehabilitation programs and demonstrates progress in DCYF’s strategic priority areas:
- Eliminate Racial Disproportionality and Advance Racial Equity
- Safely Reduce the Number of Children and Youth in Out-of-Home Care by Half
- Create Successful Transitions into Adulthood for Youth and Young Adults in DCYF’s Care
- Create a High-Quality, Integrated B-8 System
- Improve Quality and Intention of DCYF’s Practice
- Improve Quality and Availability of Provider Services
Most of the metrics related to the DCYF strategic priorities have been developed using DCYF data and report on the specific populations served by the agency. When possible, agency performance indicators include data points for multiple years, to allow users to see changes over time. Indicators are added or replaced as improved data become available for measuring progress toward DCYF’s goals for supporting children, youth, and families.
The Agency Performance page also reports indicators for DCYF’s three community-level Child Outcome Goal areas: Resilience, Education, and Health.
The page also includes links to supplemental reporting pages that present Child Welfare Quality Assurance metrics, information and measures related to the Washington State Early Start Act, and information on the Office of Innovation, Alignment, and Accountability’s work implementing Performance-Based Contracting.
The Agency Performance page can now be easily located from the “About” drop-down menu on the DCYF website home page.