The Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families is pleased to announce that the Child Care Complex Needs Fund application is now available.
Open licensed and certified child care providers can apply for the Child Care Complex Needs Fund in the WA Compass Provider Portal.
The application is open now and will close at 11:59 p.m. on June 21, 2022.
Before applying, all child care providers must have a WA Compass Provider Portal account to access the Child Care Complex Needs Fund application.
To be eligible to apply, child care providers must have:
- An open license or be an open certified child care provider.
- Served children receiving state subsidy through the Social Service Payment System (SSPS) for at least one month between Sept. 1, 2021, and Feb. 28, 2022, and have claimed payment by March 31, 2022.
- At least one child enrolled in care who has developmental delays, disabilities, behavioral needs, or other unique needs.
The Child Care Complex Needs Fund may be used for:
- Staffing (adding staff or increasing staff hours).
- Therapeutic services.
- Facility improvements to comply with ADA accessibility requirements or behavioral needs.
- Supportive and adaptive materials and equipment.
- Providing teacher training.
Technical assistance will be available to all providers and will include preparation, application support, and assistance with record keeping. In addition, providers may access technical assistance in their preferred language by telephone, internet, or in person.
For more information about this grant, including frequently asked questions and contact information for technical assistance, please visit the DCYF Child Care Complex Needs Fund webpage.
If you have questions about the application, the timeline of the funding, or other questions specific to the Child Care Complex Needs Fund, email firstname.lastname@example.org.