Early Childhood Education Stackable Certificates
If your role lists required education, the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Stackable Certificates might be an option for you. Print-out the Stackables Certificates guide.
- Stackable Certificates build on one another.
- They lead into an associate degree in ECE and beyond.
- They’re offered throughout the state and are available in-person and online.
Providers have multiple options (Equivalent Options for Education Chart), known as 'equivalents,' for meeting the educational requirements for licensing standards (WAC 110-300-0100).
Equivalent options may include experience, training, or other educational college or credits. A complete list of equivalents includes:
- Education: Alternative Credentials: College/Credit Bearing
- Training: Community-Based Training Series
- Experience: Experience-Based Competency Demonstration
Providers hired before August 1, 2019: House Bill 2556 extended the timeline for existing early learning providers until Aug. 1, 2026.
Providers hired after August 1, 2019: Early learning providers have five years from their date of hire or promotion to meet the full education staff qualifications requirements.