The ETV Program is a national program for youth who qualify and are likely to age out of the foster care system.
ETV offers financial assistance to eligible youth to attend an accredited college, university, vocational or technical college.
The maximum ETV award is $5,000 per academic year. Awards are determined by the Cost of Attendance (COA) formula established by the college or university the youth is enrolled, and any unmet need they may have within their financial aid award. Awards vary and not every youth will receive the maximum amount.
ETV funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies, housing, transportation and other education related costs.
You may be eligible for ETV if you meet any one of the following:
- You are 15 to 20, are currently in a dependency action in a Washington State or Tribal Court, are in the care and custody of the Department of Children, Youth, and Families or Tribal Child Welfare agency, and in foster care.
- You are 18 to 20 and exited state or tribal foster care because you reached the age of majority.
- You were adopted or entered a relative guardianship on or after the age of 15 to 20.
- If you participated and received ETV funds prior to 21, you are eligible to the age of 26.
To continue being eligible for the ETV program you must:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year on or shortly after October 1. Students must receive the Pell grant.
- Complete and return the ETV Renewal Application each year.
- Continue enrollment at an accredited college, university, technical or vocational institute
- Continue to meet the college or university Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Pace of Progression requirements.
- Submit the required documents:
- FAFSA Confirmation Email or Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Class Schedule at the beginning of each term
- Unofficial Transcripts at the end of each term
- ETV Participation Agreement
- 2024-2025 Online Application
- 2024-2025 ETV New Application
- 2024-2025 ETV Renewal Application
- 2023-2024 ETV New Application
- 2023-2024 ETV Renewal Application
- Dual Credit or Running Start Student: The ETV Dual Credit application is for students who are enrolled in an eligible program earning a high school diploma and taking college credits toward a degree at an accredited college or university. Not all programs are eligible. To verify if the program you are enrolled in is eligible, contact the ETV Program.
Publications and Forms
- Participation Agreement
- Dual Credit Participation Agreement
- ETV Consent Form
- Vendor Payee Registration Form
- Vendor Payee Change Form
- Vendor Payee Direct Deposit Form
- Payment Request Form
- Education and Training Voucher Brochure