We believe you will find Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer to be secure and convenient. By using this program, you will know that funds are safely deposited into your bank account even when you are not able to go to your bank. Also, Direct Deposit results in savings to the State of Washington and all its citizens. Thank you!
Registration and Change Forms
For new direct deposit accounts or to make changes to an account you already have, you can first complete the Direct Deposit Registration/W9 forms electronically, then print, sign, and mail or fax the forms to:
SSPS Provider File Unit
PO Box 45346
Olympia, WA 98504
- Request a paper copy of the application packet at DSHSSSPSWeb@dshs.wa.gov or by calling 360-664-6161
Need help filling out the forms? Read the Direct Deposit Registration Instructions
After we receive the completed forms:
- We will establish a Statewide Vendor Number which allows us to initiate direct deposit payments to you.
- A pre-note will be sent to your bank. This pre-note is a zero dollar transaction that your financial institution is required to check for account validity. The pre-note process takes approximately two weeks.
- Direct deposit usually begins 3 to 5 weeks after your registration form is received.
- When payments are made via direct deposit you will receive a short Remittance Advice from the Office of Financial Management that tells you the amount of the payment and the settlement date (the day the funds are transferred to your bank).
- A few days later, you will receive the detailed SSPS Remittance Advice that is sent to all SSPS payees.