Once the contract managers develop the annual monitoring plans for the year, they will determine the type and frequency of monitoring activities to be conducted. These activities may consist of a Desk Review or On -Site Review.
The Desk Review provides flexibility in gathering and reviewing performance documents versus an On Site Review. The review can be conducted monthly, quarterly or on a biannual basis depending on the need. The documents to be reviewed may include any or all of the following:
- Required contractor forms, i.e. W-9s, Certificate of Insurance, and licenses;
- Contractor invoices and supporting documents;
- Billing and payment history (SSPS or A19);
- Family/child progress reports;
- Audit reports;
- Prior compliance agreements
The On Site Review may cover any or all of the following at the contract provider’s place of business:
- Key systems and service documentation;
- Certificate of Insurance to ensure required coverage as stated in the contract;
- Client case records are up to date with appropriate documents;
- Personnel records to ensure staff have appropriate credentials; and
- Fiscal records, and observe operations whenever possible.