Contractor Guide to Contract Monitoring
Once the contract managers develop the annual monitoring plans for the year, they will determine the type and frequency of monitoring activities to be conducted. These activities may consist of a Desk Review or On -Site Review.
The Desk Review provides flexibility in gathering and reviewing performance documents versus an On Site Review. The review can be conducted monthly, quarterly or on a biannual basis depending on the need. The documents to be reviewed may include any or all of the following:
- Required contractor forms, i.e. W-9s, Certificate of Insurance, and licenses;
- Contractor invoices and supporting documents;
- Billing and payment history (SSPS or A19);
- Family/child progress reports;
- Audit reports;
- Prior compliance agreements
The On Site Review may cover any or all of the following at the contract provider’s place of business:
- Key systems and service documentation;
- Certificate of Insurance to ensure required coverage as stated in the contract;
- Client case records are up to date with appropriate documents;
- Personnel records to ensure staff have appropriate credentials; and
- Fiscal records, and observe operations whenever possible.