An active Statewide Vendor (SWV) number is required to receive an early learning award, incentive or reimbursement payment from the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF).
To process an approved payment, the SWV number must be recorded in the early learning Workforce Registry (MERIT) and assigned to either an individual or facility depending on the payment type.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to various tax implications, DCYF is unable to provide advice on your SWV registration application or account structure. We encourage you to contact a professional accountant if further assistance is needed.
|Early Achievers Quality Improvement Award||
Before you begin, please read all instructions carefully. A form cannot be processed if filled out incorrectly.
Step 1: Print and complete a Provider Registration (W-9) form.
- You must complete the most recent version of this form (last updated February 1, 2020).
- You must sign with a pen. A stamped, inserted or electronic signature will not be accepted.
Need Assistance? For instructions on how to fill out the W-9 form, review the SWV User Guides:
Step 2: Complete a Direct Deposit Authorization form (optional).
- You will be contacted by the Office of Financial Management (OFM) to verify all banking information. You must respond before a change can be made.
- All first time payments are delivered by mail. A direct deposit payment requires additional time for verification and authorization by your financial institution.
- You will receive an email notification with information about the deposit when a payment is made.
Step 3: Submit completed form(s) through one of the following:
- Scan to PDF format and email to ProviderFileUnit@dshs.wa.gov
- FAX to: (360) 902-8268
- Mail to: DCYF, PO Box 45812, Olympia, 98504
Step 4: Add SWV number to MERIT
- Once you have been assigned a SWV number, please contact DCYF.StatewideVendorRegistration@dcyf.wa.gov to have it added to the Workforce Registry (MERIT).
- If you already have a SWV number and this is not reflected on your MERIT record, please check the Statewide Vendor number lookup. If your number appears here please contact the DCYF.StatewideVendorRegistration@dcyf.wa.gov with your SWV number.
If you have any questions about the forms, please email the DCYF.StatewideVendorRegistration@dcyf.wa.gov.
To process an approved award, reimbursement or incentive payment, the information on file with OFM must match DCYF’s databases. You will receive a notification from DCYF if your information on record does not match.
Complete a Provider Change Form to add a suffix to an existing SWV number or update any of the following:
- Authorized contact person
- Doing Business As (DBA)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Add additional business locations under the same Taxpayer Identification Number
To update your information on record with the Workforce Registry (MERIT), please email MERIT@dcyf.wa.gov or call 1-866-482-4325 Option 5.
PLEASE NOTE: To update your name and/or date of birth in MERIT, you must provide a copy of a valid ID. Additional information is available on the MERIT Workforce Registry page.
- To update your name, mailing address, and contact information, please make this request through your licensor
- To update your Doing Business As (DBA) name, please log into your WA Compass Provider Portal to make that change
- For additional information and helpful resources for WA Compass Provider Portal, please contact the WA Compass Provider Portal team at email@example.com or call 1-866-627-8929
- For additional information, view the Child Care Provider Portal Support resource guide
- Please be advised that processing times may vary due to high volumes.
- Forms are only valid for 90 days from signature date.
Use this form to complete one of the following:
- Apply for a new Statewide Vendor number;
- Update your legal name (i.e. last name or company name);
- Register for a new tax identification number (TIN)
Complete this form to add or change direct deposit information.
Complete this form to update or change contact information and/or add a suffix to an existing SWV number.
- Updating contact information may include:
- Change the authorized contact person
- “Doing Business As” (DBA) name
- Mailing address
- Add additional business location under the same EIN
- Adding a Suffix
Licensed child care business owners can use their facility SWV number to receive an individual education or training reimbursement payment as long as the facility is connected to their SSN.
If the SSN is connected to the owner’s business, a suffix will need to be added to the owners existing SWV number.
Please be advised that processing times may vary due to high volumes.
- It typically takes 10-15 business days for the Office of Financial Management (OFM) to process completed forms. If you provided an email on the Provider Registration (W-9) form, you will receive an email indicating your assigned SWV number.
- You should receive your approved payment within 1-3 weeks after you receive your SWV number.
- If you have submitted forms and you have not received your payment within this timeframe, contact our Statewide Vendor Registration Desk at DCYF.StatewideVendorRegistration@dcyf.wa.gov.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have not received communication regarding your submitted forms, please check your “junk” or “spam” folder.
10-15 business days if all necessary forms are completed correctly.. If you provided an email on the Provider Registration (W-9) form, you will receive an email indicating your assigned SWV number from OFM.
For more questions regarding your SWV forms please contact DCYF.StatewideVendorRergistration@dcyf.wa.gov.
There are several reasons forms are rejected AND require a new form to be completed. The reasons may include:
- Forms are not filled out correctly
- Forms are missing information
- Forms received are illegible
- Forms have an electronic signature
- Forms have been submitted 90 days after they were originally signed and dated
- Forms have been modified (forms have crossed out or whited out section within them)
- Incorrect form submitted
If you think you already have a SWV number please use the Statewide Vendor number lookup tool. Contact DCYF.StatewideVendorRegistration@dcyf.wa.gov to have a SWV number added to the Workforce Registry (MERIT).
An SWV number may become “blocked” due to inactivity or mismatched information on record. If you have an approved award, reimbursement, or incentive payment and your SWV number becomes blocked, you will receive a notification from DCYF.
If your SWV number is blocked, you will need to apply for a new SWV number. Print and complete a Provider Registration (W-9) form.
If you live outside of Washington State but you are currently employed as an early learning professional in Washington State, you are still eligible to receive your award, reimbursement, or incentive payment.
You have up to 12 months from the date of the approved payment to receive an SWV number and have it added to the Workforce Registry (MERIT). If the necessary forms are not completed and processed within this timeframe, the award, reimbursement, or incentive is no longer eligible for payment.
Once OFM has processed your submitted SWV forms, you will be sent an email indicating your SWV number. If you do not see your SWV number on your professional record or facility site profile in your MERIT account, please contact DCYF.StatewideVendorRegistration@dcyf.wa.gov.
If you think you already have an SWV number please use the Statewide Vendor number lookup tool. To have an SWV number added to the Workforce Registry (MERIT), please contact DCYF.StatewideVendorRegistration@dcyf.wa.gov.
Yes, as long as your facility is connected to your SSN, you will need to add a ‘suffix’ to your existing SWV number. To get a suffix, you need to fill out the Provider Change Form. If you need assistance filling out the Provider Change Form, view the Provider Change User Guide.
If your business has an EIN number, you cannot use your facility SWV number to receive an individual education or training reimbursement payment.
- To update your legal name in your WA Compass Provider Portal, please contact your licensor
- To update your legal name in your MERIT record, please contact MERIT@dcyf.wa.gov
- To update your legal name in the Statewide Vendor Database, please complete and submit a new Provider Registration (W-9) form. For assistance filling out this form, visit the SWV User Guide for Individuals (W-9 form): English | Spanish | Somali