The Child Care Subsidy ProgramThe Child Care Subsidy Programs help families pay for quality child care through either:
- Working Connections Child Care (WCCC), or
- Seasonal Child Care.
Go to the DSHS website for eligibility and application information.
Read the information we are providing to families
WCCC Provider Line
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Language assistance is available.
ProviderHelp@dshs.wa.gov Send DSHS information or questions 24 hours a day about WCCC child care. The average response time is one business day.
- Check the status of a WCCC application or review
- Check payment authorization or billing, such as, hours of care, units or payment type
- Provide information about your rates
- Report a mistake on a current authorization
Working Connections Information Phone (WCIP) for Child Care Providers
This information is available in both English and Spanish. Automated access is available 24 hours a day.
- Use this number to check on the family’s authorization, copayment, case status and effective dates of coverage.
- Information is only available after the case has been processed.
- If the parent’s eligibility has not been determined, the information will not be available on the WCIP.
- Use this number to submit your SSPS Service Invoice for child care payment using a touch tone phone.
- Invoice Express is available in English and Spanish.
WCCC Answer Phone for Families
- Families use this number to check on the status of their cases.
- You can encourage families to call and check on the status of their cases.
SEIU 925 Member Support Department
- Use this number if you have questions about your SEIU contract, SEIU meetings and workshops, or representation in your area, or if you need other resources.
- If you have questions about SEIU health care, call 1-866-771-7359.
Child Care Provider Grievance Line
- Use this number to discuss issues related to the CBA, except for overpayments.
- When you call the grievance line, please be prepared to provide your full name, your provider number and details of your situation.
Child Care Food Program
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Child and Adult Care Food Program provides federal funds to serve nutritious meals and snacks. You may be eligible for the program when you are approved by DSHS to care for children in your own home.
360-725-6200 - Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction